Military and Overseas Voters

The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) is a federal law that ensures military and citizens living overseas are able to register and vote in federal elections.  Military and overseas voters have an extended timeframe and convenient options to receive and return a ballot.

Who is a UOCAVA Voter?

Military Electors

  • A service member in any branch of the uniformed services and their spouses and/or dependents who are absent from the state because of a service member's active duty.
  • Active and reserve components of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard, as well as active components of the National Guard and Merchant Marines.
  • Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the U.S. Public Health Service.

Overseas Electors

  • U.S. citizens who are living overseas, and whose last residence before leaving the country was in Colorado.
  • U.S. citizens who were born outside the U.S. whose parent or legal guardian is eligible to register and vote in Colorado.

For more information, please see Colorado's Frequently-Asked Questions about UOCAVA voting.

Select one of the methods below to register / update / change your voter registration.

Return the form and or ballot by mail fax or email to:

City and County of Broomfield
Election Division (UOCAVA)
One DesCombes Dr
Broomfield CO 80020
Fax: 303.410.3815

Mail Ballot

A mail ballot will automatically be mailed to every eligible UOCAVA voter at your registered mailing address in every election.  Ballots will be mailed no later than 45 days before the election.

Mail back your voted ballot in the provided envelope by Election Day.  It must be postmarked by this date.  Your ballot must be received by the Elections Division by the eighth day after Election Day, in order to be counted.

Please affix adequate postage if you are returning the ballot through a foreign mail service or via common carrier (such as FedEx, DHL or UPS). No postage is necessary if mailing from a U.S. Post Office, the Military Postal Service Agency (APO/FPO), or U.S. Diplomatic Pouch Mail.

Electronic Ballot

You also may request an electronic ballot when you register to vote as a UOCAVA voter.  You will receive an email with a secure link to your unique ballot.

Replacement Ballot

You may call us at 303.464.5857 or email to request a replacement ballot to be sent to you via mail, email or fax.  When a replacement ballot is issued, we will void your original ballot.  You may then return your replacement ballot by email, fax or mail.

You may also choose to vote using the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB), a write-in ballot can be completed for any federal, state, and local races and issues for which you are eligible to vote.  To be eligible to use the FWAB, you must:

  • Be absent from your voting residence;
  • Have requested a ballot for the upcoming election; and
  • Not have received your ballot.

Important Links

Below you will find links that are helpful for finding overseas and party specific information as well as other Federal, State and local government websites that might be of interest.

Contact Us

For more information regarding Military and Overseas Electors you may contact City and County of Broomfield Elections Division by phone at 303.464.5857, by fax at 303.410.3815 or by email at