Any individual who sells goods or services or takes orders for the sale of future delivery of goods or services at any residence in the city is required to obtain a Solicitor's License, per Broomfield Municipal Code (BMC).
$100.00 per license, valid for one year
$10.00 for a replacement badge
Application and Procedure Applications may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
City Clerk / solicitor licensing
One DesCombes Drive
Broomfield, CO 80020
Applications are also accepted in the City Clerk's office Monday - Friday between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm or by emailing email@example.com
- completed Solicitor's License Application to the City Clerk's office, legal name must be used
- individual’s valid driver’s license, state issued identification card, or passport
- current photo of applicant (only needed if submitting by email or mail), photo should be a headshot and will be used for the solicitor badge should application be approved
- credentials: a signed letter on company letterhead from the person, firm, or corporation applicant is to represent
- fee: call 303-438-6332 to pay with credit card by phone, mail a check, or submit cash, check, or credit card in person at the City Clerk's office
- If submitting multiple applications by email, attach the current photo ID and headshot to each application.
- a photo of applicant will be taken for solicitor badge, if applying in person
- a background check will be conducted which will take approximately 3 weeks
- applicant will be contacted as to approval or denial
- if approved, applicant must pick up badge at City Clerk's office
No solicitation before 9:00 am or after 9:00 pm and badges must be worn at all times while doing business in Broomfield.
Under section 5-20-140(A) of the Broomfield Municipal Code, it is unlawful to solicit at any residence where a sign has been conspicuously displayed at the residence.
• Handbill/Leaflet Distribution
• Mobile Food Vending
• Temporary Stand Permit
• Curb Painting
• Ice Cream Truck