Veteran Employment Services
For the health and safety of the community, and to encourage social distancing, we ask our community to utilize our online services if possible, instead of in-person.
Talk to a Veteran Employment Specialist Today
All veterans and eligible spouses receive priority in all of Broomfield Workforce Center services and have the opportunity to work with the highly skilled, professional Broomfield Workforce staff to find a job that maximizes potential.
The Broomfield Workforce Center is fortunate to have a full-time Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE) Veteran Employment Specialist onsite to provide one-on-one assistance to eligible veterans and spouses seeking guidance in obtaining employment. Our Veterans Employment Specialist is dedicated to helping you understand and align your skill sets with available opportunities across the state. Our goal is to provide you with the information necessary to make confident career choices. All of this at no cost to you.
Let us be your one-on-one career coach. As fellow veterans, we know how to help. Our specialists know firsthand what businesses are looking for in a resume, and the questions employers are likely to ask in an interview.
We’ll guide you through:
- Translating military experience to civilian responsibilities
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Interview tips and techniques
- Identifying education, training and experience requirements
- Navigating online job boards and career fair resources
- Targeting your job search by industry, and more
Our Veterans Employment Specialist provides intensive services to meet the employment needs of eligible Veterans and eligible spouses with significant barriers to employment (SBE), who have the most need.
Veterans must have served a minimum of 181 days of active duty (not including training), have other than a Dishonorable Discharge and one of the SBE’s below:
- Service Connected Disabled or Special Disabled
- Recently separated service member who has been unemployed in the previous 12 months for 27 weeks
- Have been incarcerated
- Lack a high school diploma or equivalent certificate
- Low income or receiving public assistance, such as SSI, TANF, SNAP (food stamps), etc.
- A Veteran between the ages of 18-24 years old
- Are within 24 months of retiring from military service or 12 months of separating and have been through TAP
- Are a Wounded Warrior, assigned to a Wounded Warrior Transition Unit or caregiver of a Wounded Warrior
- The caregiver or spouse of a Totally Disabled or Deceased Veteran, whose disability or death is service-connected or the service member is listed as missing in action (MIA) or detained by a hostile foreign power while on active duty for 90 days or more
Contact us today at 303.464.5855.
Broomfield Workforce Center is an equal opportunity program; auxiliary services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
This program is funded by U.S. Department of Labor and the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.