Property and Evidence
Gathering and maintaining property and evidence is essential to law enforcement. In Broomfield, two property/evidence technicians, overseen by a supervisor, ensure that specific standards and directives are met when handling and disposing of property in a timely manner.
When the Department comes in custody or possession of property or evidence in the performance of their duties, it is barcoded and properly stored in the restricted access Property and Evidence Room. Bar coding all property ensures it is tracked, audited, and maintained for as long as necessary. At the end of that time, the property is either returned to its owner or disposed.
Unclaimed Property Notice (Lost/Stolen/Abandoned)
Notice is hereby given that the property listed below is being held by the Broomfield Police Department. If you believe that any of this property belongs to you, you must claim it within 60 days of the date it was posted. All property remaining unclaimed after 60 days shall become property of the City and County of Broomfield and will be disposed of in accordance with Section 8-24-100 of the Broomfield Municipal Code. For inquiries, please call the Broomfield Police Department's Property and Evidence Unit at 303-438-6444.
|22-64619||Black & Gray Backpack||11 W Flatiron Crossing Dr||12/6/22|
|22-64989||Green Disney Purse||31 W Flatiron Crossing Dr||12/7/22|
|22-65418||Set of 4 keys||855 Agate St||12/8/22|
|22-66943||Cricket TCL Phone||598 Summit Blvd||12/19/22|
|22-67186||Kids' Sunday Bicycle||Middle Peak Dr & Ute Peak Wy||12/19/22|
|23-315||5 Backpacks/Reusable Bags||480 Flatiron Blvd||1/4/23|
|23-286||Pellet Gun & Magazine||8300 Arista Pl||1/4/23|
|23-2467||Silver Women's Ring||17 DesCombes Dr||1/17/23|
|23-5105||Blue Cell Phone||7 DesCombes Dr||1/30/23|
|23-5822||Toyota Key & Fob (with various other keys)||7 DesCombes Dr||2/1/23|
Body Worn Cameras (BWC)
Two body worn technicians are responsible for the storage, release, and redaction of body worn camera digital media and other related sources. The following is a list of essential functions the team provides:
- Receiving and maintaining the inventory and storage of all digital data and media from body worn cameras.
- Maintaining the inventory of all body worn camera related hardware.
- Tracking and completing requests for data, voice, and video recordings received by the department.
- Completing duplication of digital data and media from body worn cameras requested by the district attorney's office, defense attorneys, or the general public.
- Reviewing and releasing copies of digital data and media in accordance with federal and state statutes and departmental policies.
- Disposing of digital data and media per federal and state statutes, departmental policies, and city and county ordinances.
- Training sworn staff of the use of body worn cameras.
- Maintaining and issuing all body worn cameras and hardware.
Have a question about body worn cameras? Email email@example.com or call 720-566-4823.
Click here to request digital media (body worn camera, 911 audio, photos) online.
7 DesCombes Dr, Broomfield CO 80020
303-438-6444 or 911
HoursMonday - Friday8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Weekends & HolidaysClosed
Kurt WederquistCommanderAdministrative Services Division
Property and Evidence Unit
Michelle JonesTechnicianProperty and Evidence Unit