Report a Crime
Welcome to the Broomfield Police Department online reporting web site. This service should be used to report non-emergencies and non-violent crimes with no suspect information or leads, occurring within the boundaries of the City and County of Broomfield. This information will be recorded with the Broomfield Police Department, but please be aware that no further investigation is anticipated, and you will not be contacted by an investigator in most cases. This report is for your convenience or for insurance purposes only.
If it is an Emergency call 9-1-1
Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. This site should be used for the following:
- Crimes or incidents that occurred within the boundaries of the City and County of Broomfield
- Crimes that are non-emergent/non-violent (no force, injuries, threats or weapons)
- Crimes where the suspect is unknown
- Reporting only the crimes or incidents listed below
To report crimes that occur within the boundaries of the City and County of Broomfield but do not meet any of the below criteria, please contact the Broomfield Police Department at 303-438-6400. If you are still unsure whether you can use the online system, please call Broomfield Police Dispatch at 303-438-6400.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- While all cases filed using the Broomfield Police Department's Citizen Online Reporting System will be reviewed, online reporting should not be used for cases that require follow-up investigation such as when there are known suspect(s) or leads such as surveillance video.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted by an officer.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
If your incident is not listed in the incident selection list, please call the Broomfield Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 303.438.6400) to file your report.
Report a Crime Online
Fill out an Incident Report to report the following crimes:
- Criminal Mischief
- Criminal Tampering
- Harassing Phone Calls
- Lost Property
- Theft / Shoplifting
- Unauthorized Credit Card Use
Report a Minor Traffic Accident
Visit Traffic Accident Reports to report minor traffic accidents.
Print a witness statement if you are asked to do so by an officer.
Report Fraud and Identity Theft
Visit Fraud and Identity Theft for information on reporting incidents of fraud, identity theft or bad checks.