Parks, Recreation and Senior Services
The Paul Derda Recreation Center and Broomfield Community Center are now at Level Blue as of February 22.
Broomfield’s COVID-19 Dial framework metrics have met the threshold for “Level Blue: Cautious” on the Dial, and as such, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) has moved Broomfield to “Level Blue: Cautious” effective today, Feb. 22.
This move to a less restrictive level on the statewide COVID-19 Dial is a result of the ongoing commitment of the community to practice the 4Ws (Wear your mask, Watch your distance, Wash your hands, and Wait on gatherings). This is a great accomplishment by our community, and Broomfield needs to stay committed to these preventative measures in order to stay in “Level Blue: Cautious” and keep Broomfield open.
What does this mean for the Paul Derda Recreation Center and Broomfield Community Center?
- Membership Pass Scanning is now a part of the check-in process.
- Need a key fob? Stop by the front desk, a clerk will be happy to take care of you!
- Cardio/Weight Room, Group Fitness Classes, Healthy Heart, and Gymnasium Appointments for Monday, March 1 - Sunday, March 21 will be available tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 26, at noon at B-REx.com.
- Aquatic Appointments for next week will be available at 5pm today.
- Child Watch is now available at the Broomfield Community Center, Monday - Friday, 8 - 10:30 a.m. Appointments are required at B-REx.com.
- The facilities will continue to operate at 50% or 50 people per room, whichever is fewer.
- Appointment time blocks will remain the same to accommodate our users and maintain our cleaning procedures.
- The All Facility Pass is good at both the Paul Derda Recreation Center and Broomfield Community Center.
- Check B-REx.com for program and appointment offerings.
- If you have been exposed, tested positive within the past 14 days, are waiting on test results, or are exhibiting any of the COVID symptoms please stay home.
*** Not going to be able to keep your scheduled appointment? Please go online, or call the front desk at 303.460.6900 or 303.464.5500, to cancel. We appreciate you cancelling so other community members may get into the facility.